Houston has high energy and vibrant culture that transforms it from swampland into the fourth-largest city in the United States. It is a cosmopolitan city with influx of diverse ethnic groups and a solid focus on arts. The city has warmer weather and affordable hotel
prices throughout the year. Anyone who loves shopping, fine dining, museums, arts, this ought to be their next holiday destination.
Image By Patrick Burke from Atlanta, GA, United States [CC BY-SA 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
Spring Holiday in Houston
Spring in Houston is from March and May. An invigorating and pleasantly cool season it is! Thunderstorms can pop up during spring.
Houston Average Spring Temperature
Average high temperatures in Houston are in the mid-70s during the day and mid-60s at night.
Clothes to Pack
A couple shorts, t-shirts and other light clothing
At least a jacket for night time
Jeans, skirts, and long pants
Houston Spring Festivals
During the spring season, there are endless things to do as loads of festivals slide on the Bayou City.
- Bayou City Art Festival Memorial Park
- German Heritage Festival
- Haute Wheels Houston: The Food Truck Festival
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
- Houston Children's Festival
- Houston Barbecue Festival
- Japan Festival
- WorldFest: Houston International Film FestivalArt Car Parade
- San Jacinto Day Festival & Battle Reenactment
- Texas Crawfish & Music Festival
- Keels and Wheels Concours d'Elegance
- Houston Dragon Boat Festival
- TX Fest
- Pasadena Strawberry Festival
Summer Holiday in Houston
Summer in Houston transpires between June and September, and is loaded with fantastic events, from delectable culinary shows to thrilling dance events that will put visitors on their feet and stupendous fireworks event is held over a wonderful Galveston Bay. This season may have heavy rains and strong winds at times.
Houston Average Summer Temperature
In the Houston, summer temperatures are up in the 90s in the day and 70s at night.
Clothes to Pack
Shorts, tank shirts and T-shorts are must!
One or two long-sleeved lightweight sweater
Sneakers or flip-flops
Houston Summer Festivals
- Houston Beer Fest
- Caribbean Heritage Month Festival
- Juneteenth Celebration
- Pride Houston
- Freedom Over Texas Festival
- Star Spangled Salute
- Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus
- Houston International Jazz Festival
- Houston Shakespeare Festival
- Theater District Day (Last Sunday of August)
Autumn Holiday in Houston
Autumn in Houston transpires between October and November. This is the best time to enjoy the concerts and theatre performances. Also, pack an umbrella that can handle gusty winds.
Houston Average Autumn Temperature:
Average autumn temperature range in the high 70s during the day and mid-50s at night; pleasant time.
Clothes to Pack
Boots, jacket or light coat
Long pants, jeans, dress with jacket.
Houston Autumn Festivals
- Texas Renaissance Festival (8 Weeks Starting Mid-October)
- The Original Greek Festival (Starting 1st Thursday of October)
- Bayou City Art Festival Downtown
- Festa Italiana
- Wings Over Houston Airshow
- Texian Market Days
- Day of the Dead
- International Quilt Festival
- The Nutcracker Market (1st Weekend of November)
- Texas Championship Native American Pow Wow (1st Weekend of November)
- Festival of Lights (Mid-November to January)
- Annual Interfaith Thanksgiving Service
- A Christmas Carol -- A Ghost Story of Christmas
- Uptown Holiday Lighting (Thanksgiving Evening)
- The Nutcracker
- Houston Zoo Lights
- The Mayor's Official Downtown Houston Holiday Celebration
Winter Holiday in Houston
Winters in Houston start from December and ends in February. The whole city lights up during this season and its celebration time with Thanksgiving, New Year and Christmas during this time. Also, you get to witness fireworks, electric light parades and stage shows and events.
Houston Average Winter Temperature
Average temperature is in the 60s during the day and 40s at night; Chilly weather.
Clothes to Pack
Windbreakers and light sweaters
Warm clothes, scarf’s, and jackets
Warm pants and jeans
Houston Winter Festivals
- Dickens on the Strand
- Annual Candlelight Tour in the Park
- Fiesta Guadalupana
- Martin Luther King Jr. Grande Parade (3rd Monday of January)
- Chevron Houston Marathon (3rd Weekend of January)
- World's Championship Bar-B-Que Contest
- Mardi Gras Galveston
Operational Hours in Houston
Banks: 9:00am-4:00pm Monday to Friday
Post offices: 10:00am -4:00pm Monday to Friday
Shopping mall: 10:00am-9:00pm
Stores: 10:00 am-6:00pm Monday to Saturday; Up to 5:00 pm Sunday
Nightclubs: 11:00am-2:00am Thursday to Sunday
Bars: Monday-Thursday until 1:00am; Friday through Saturday until 2:00am; and Sunday until midnight